07 August 2008

100!!

This is my 100th post or as some people call it, babbling. There's almost this sense of having to do something significant in the post, but I don't know if I can.

Favre has been traded to the Jets. Good riddance, enjoy the brutal press and no one to throw to. I'm sure fantasy owners are drooling.

Facebook has a "new Facebook" option now, which is just a newer interface for you to putter about and post things. Ironically with my 100th post, I'm almost at 100 friends on Facebook as well.

I just found an old friend from college via Facebook, Mike Baxendale who is doing radio up in Springfield, MA. He did radio when we were at Marquette with one of my high school chums, Mike Wukitsch. Wookie and the Bax were all the rage. I even used to call in with a "Saga Update" which was basically a food review of what the hell they were chumming out of the kitchens in the dorm food service. I know he worked at QFM in Milwaukee for awhile but he's originally from MA, so it's nice he's been back at home for what looks like the last 13 years. He's a really funny guy so if you're up in Western MA, or even the northern parts of CT, check out Rock 102, Springfield's Classic Rock from 5:30 to 10:00 in the mornings.

Oh, and hi to Steve Winkel who I know professionally. He landed here on the blog and saw that I spent last weekend with my family in South Haven, MI, which is where he grew up for awhile. Small world (no it's not). Kinda cool though.

So that's about it. A totally uninspiring post for numero cien. Sorry about that.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats Big Man...I always enjoy your rants - keep them up.

    Re: the Jets. Willing to put a wager on # of wins this year? Not that I am a huge Jets fan, but I can't have you Chicago boys running unchecked - what do you say to a Jets or Bears t-shirt for the winner's son? (They'll both be pro before we know it!)

    All the best,
    Paul

    ReplyDelete