14 July 2009

Geez, Blog often?

I know I've been absent from the blogosphere but that's because there's a lot going on at work lately. Although I've become somewhat of a Master Tweeter (yeah, insert joke here), taking time to write down some fun thoughts, share my opinions or attempt to start a fight have had to take a back seat.

Between work stuff and personal stuff, well, you gotta take care of the stuff that pays the bills and makes you happiest. Most people who know me know that my A-D-D usually kicks in and I'm scattered quite a bit, so going almost a month without a post really shouldn't be a surprise to anyone now, is it?

If you could see behind the blog walls of Duey's Brain you'd see several (six) unfinished "draft" posts, some of which would probably create big issues, and I think that's why Twitter has become so attractive to me. 140 characters of my A-D-D brain spilt out quickly and painlessly. Twitter was almost MADE for my twisted skull. Of course, if you know me, you know I can be well, a bit too verbose and again, I think that's why I love Twitter. It's getting me to think in fractions and to be "me" faster and quicker than I've ever been.

I guess my longer term goal of becoming an Internet celebrity will continue to be way-laid by "life", which honestly, is fine. Who the hell wants a 43-year old Internet Celebrity anyway? Not me!

I'm sure as more work stuff sorts itself out over the next months, I'll get back to frequently posts. Honestly, I've felt guilty as I have a kernel of a thought but just lose it in the moment and can't get somewhere to blog it.

Anyway, enough about me justifying what happens to 95% of the blogs on the Internet. You'll hear more eventually, but for now rest at mind that:
  1. Still hoping the Cubs close the deal and that the new owners clean the OF house.
  2. Still hoping the Cubs close the deal and that the new owners clean out the bullpen.
  3. Still hoping that the Economy jump starts itself so that we can all breathe a little easier around the Advertising/Market Research world (and well every industry).
  4. Still hoping that my 25th High School Reunion runs smoothly as I'm on the committee.
Up, up, and away!

No comments:

Post a Comment