28 October 2007

Technical Workshop, part deux

For the last 2 weeks I've been putting together "baby stuff" around my house. With BabyLo just 42 days away from arriving, I've been in fourth gear putting together:
  • A glider (rocking chair)
  • Stroller
  • Papasan swing
  • Pack and Play
  • Car seats
  • Nightstands

They actually are making this stuff easier to put together in the 21st century, so I really don't have too many complaints, other than some of the manuals now have to be distributed with four languages and it seems that, to save on the translations, they are just providing a lot of pictures. If they are going to do this, I strongly suggest making the pictures either bigger, OR, stop making them desktop drawings that some artist did and take actual pictures. There's been a few times I've been left scratching my head wondering what in the hell I've missed when I really haven't, I just haven't been able to see the picture very well.

I'm so frustrated with Customer Service as of late that I'd rather just struggle and step away for a minute than call an 800# to ask someone for advice. They couldn't see what I had in front of me anyway and I highly doubt they could explain to me, over the phone, what I need to do. Thsi is why I do believe that we're going to become a world of wireless computers with web cams attached. If I could show the Customer Service people what's going on, maybe they could show me back how it should go?? Just my wishful thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment