15 October 2008

Latent childhood memories

For the last two days I've been trying to remember what it was like to learn how to swim. Unfortunately the memories aren't pleasant.

I remember the Central Y.M.C.A (Chicago) where there was an evil woman who would take a large pole (used to help save the drowning kids) and whack my hands as I'd reach for the side of the pool. I guess that's one way of keeping a 5 year-old in the pool (especially a chubby one like me).

I keep thinking about this because we've had Aidan in the pool for both days and he has just been the happiest kid alive in the water. Here's just a taste of him enjoying some splashy splashy.



It's days like this that just make me the happiest person alive. You can bet your bottom dollar that I'm not going to let some crazy woman hit his hands with a pole. Then again, if he's anything like me, he's going to be a swimmer and won't ever have to take "lessons".

No comments:

Post a Comment